Halloween Treats that won’t Scare your Body
Can you believe it’s already that time of year and Halloween is just a few days away?!? Is it just me or is this year just speeding by?
When you think of Halloween, the first thing that probably pops into your head is trick or treating and candy. With everyone else in the neighborhood giving out the sweet stuff how about changing it up and putting out something a little healthier.
Here are some ideas instead of candy:
- Halloween-themed toys from a dollar store, Oriental Trading, Walmart or even the Target dollar section, like plastic eyeballs, creepy crawlies, erasers and crayons.
- Make your own fun-shaped crayons by melting old crayons in the microwave and pouring them into ice cube molds. Try finding some Halloween-inspired shapes.
- Stickers and temporary tattoos are always a big hit.
- Organic juice boxes that you can buy in bulk, such as Honest juice.
- Add some stickers on Cuties to make them look like mini jack-o-lanterns.
- Snack size bags of kid favorites like popcorn.
- If you really want to give out candy but still want to have a healthier option there are so many to choose from nowadays that are free of food dyes, artificial flavors and corn syrup. Some great ones are Unreal candy, Justin’s, Ocho candy and so many others. Take a look around your local Whole Foods market, New Seasons, Target ir any other grocery store that offers healthier options. Even CVS carries Unreal candy!
If you’re hosting a Halloween party try making some of these yummy treats to serve :
I don’t know about you but I like to get all the Halloween candy from trick or treating out of my house as soon as possible.
This year my 8 year old has requested the Switch Witch to come back. She’ll leave all her candy outside the back foot before she goes to bed and that sweet little witch will take it and replace it with something- either a book, toy, something she’s been wanting and some sort of healthy candy alternative like a bar of dark chocolate.
If you’re not into the Switch Witch try a dentists! So many dentists will give the kiddos either a prize or some cash for all that sugar.
What are some of your favorite things to do with leftover Halloween candy?