Fertility Friday: Sweet Potato!
Are you as crazy about sweet potatoes as I am? There’s just SO many reasons to love them, they’re a great, easy toddler food, it’s chock full of vitamins and minerals and it may even help you get pregnant!
- one serving will give you 7 grams of fiber – helps prevent constipation
- rich source of Vitamin B6, potassium, beta-carotene, manganese and anti-oxidants
- can help soothe an upset tummy
- improves blood sugar regulation
- helps maintain collagen (collagen is such an important superfood for women! It gives you thicker, more elastic skin, helps prevent -and reduce- stretch marks, strengthens hair and nails)
But how can a simple sweet potato help get you pregnant? Here are a few ways:
- A single sweet potato can 700% of the RDA of Vitamin A which helps improve follicle development and cervical fluid.
- It contains a high level of antioxidants which help skin and cell health as well as uterus health by helping to prevent inflammation, and reduce the symptoms of both endometriosis and PCOS.
- Seven ounces of sweet potato will give you 65% of your RDA of Vitamin C which helps boost your immune system which in turn leads to a strong reproductive system.
- Its high levels of Vitamin B helps regulate hormones
- The potassium in a sweet potato can help you chill out by balancing your nervous system and elevating your mood.
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of calcium which happens to be a vital nutrient to help trigger growth in embryos and iron which helps improve egg health and promote health ovulation.
Our favorite way to eat them? Sweet potato fries! Just toss in some pink himalayan salt, cinnamon and a touch of paprika and bake at 375 for about an hour. Or you could just bake it and add a bit of coconut oil or pastured butter and cinnamon! yum! What’s your favorite way to eat this amazing food?