Sweet Butternut Squash
This is a very simple recipe you can make with any root vegetable, my favorites are winter squashes and sweet potatoes. It makes a wonderful side dish and works great as part of a vegan meal with some steamed kale and chickpeas!
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Liberally grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil
- Cut the butternut squash into even sized cubes, about 1 inch.
- Spread the squash evenly onto the cookie sheet and drizzle with maple syrup and season with salt to taste.
- Toss it all around and roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, the exact time will depend on the size of your squash.