My favorite ‘Natural’ Products
In my quest to eliminate toxins from my life I stopped wearing deodorant when I found out I was pregnant. That’s not completely true, but I switched to a natural one. It took me a long time to find one that was halfway decent and it was pretty brutal. Diet plays a huge role in how smelly you are and it does take a few days to a few weeks for your body to get used to the switch from regular to natural deodorant.
Deodorant isn’t the only thing I’ve switched to a ‘natural’ brand. What I put into my body through food has, and probably will always be my largest concern and a topic that can really get me fired up. I’ve gotten on board with natural household cleaners, for the most part. There is still a lot I would like to do, like make my own laundry detergent and dish soap. I still don’t make my own makeup, or toothpaste (I did try that though) and I’m not sure that I ever will. But here are some of my favorite natural products.
2. Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil face wash (this stuff is AMAZING!!)
3. Coconut oil as a body moisturizer, antiseptic, pretty much everything. I make TONS of homemade stuff with it, from fever reducers to vapo-rub to diaper rash cream (and hopefully I’ll make the leap to facial moisturizer). I buy coconut oil by the gallon through a co-op and keep a jar of it practically every room in the house.
6. Desert Essence tea tree oil toothpaste. My favorite flavor is ginger.
7. Tea tree oil as a spot treatment for acne and essential oils for oh so many things.
8. Home made, non-toxic cleaning products
9. Daves Collodial Silver, as an antiseptic/antibiotic spray. I use it for everything from cuts and scrapes so dropping into Annabelle’s ears to clean them and help prevent ear infections.
10. Cramp bark is one of my all time favorites that every woman that gets cramps needs to have. It knocks them right out. If you are getting really bad cramps frequently you might want to look at your diet and hormone levels but that’s a whole other blog post.
I still haven’t found a shampoo/conditioner that I like so if you use a great ‘natural’ one PLEASE share with me. And My make-up is Bare Minerals which although it’s a mineral makeup it’s not the best choice. I’m aware of that. Sometimes it takes a lot of searching to find just the right product. And sometimes I get tired of searching. So point me in the right direction if you can!
And as always PLEASE share your favorite natural products and brands!!