More Date Night Ideas
I recently posted Part 1 of What to do on Date Night in an attempt to share some ideas for getting out of the typical dinner and a movie date night rut. Here are 15 more ideas to help you switch things up a bit!
1. The Circus. There’s not a circus all the time and you might want to take your kids to this but it may also make a fun date. Check Ringling Bros. for summer dates!
2. The Pool Deck at a Hotel. This may not be as fun or scenic as the views we enjoyed while living in Hawaii but a cold drink and a dip in a pool is always welcome in the hot Texas Heat. Check out the Water Horse Pool Bar at the Omni Hotel in Fort Worth. If you’re in Dallas the pool bar at the Joule Hotel has been ranked Dallas’s best pool bar.
3. Volunteer. Surely you’ve heard that volunteering together someone can build a stronger bond. My favorite place to volunteer will always be with animals. Choose your favorite cause and go do some good together.
4. Planetarium. I’m a little bit of a nerd when I want to be and I love stargazing. This kind of date is right up my alley. Check out the Noble Planetarium in Fort Worth. There are also some in the mid-cities and in Dallas.
5. Imax Theatre. Who doesn’t love a 3D movie?
6. Cloud 9 living. This website has some amazing opportunities for experiences. Some of them make great gifts and and many of them make fantastic dates.
7. Karaoke. Not my cup of tea but I know many that love it. Please comment below if you know of a great place to go!
8. Theatre or Symphony. Check your local area for what you can find. With summer coming up I recommend checking on local parks or other outdoor venues to see if there are any summer concerts or plays. In Fort Worth there’s a lot going on at the Botanical Gardens.
9. Art Gallery. There are a lot around here. The Modern Museum of Art has an amazing restaurant that we love for brunch and they are open for dinner only on Friday nights. On the First Friday of the month they even have live music and cocktails and check out their calendar to see what else they have going on.
10.Balloon ride. Not your typical date, take a look at Rohr Balloons in Dallas.
11. Angelika theatre. It’s still a movie, but these theatres feature more independent films that large theatres may never host. Angelika theatres also have cafes you can relax in before or after the movie.
12. Mystery Dinner. When I was in college I really wanted to do this but never got around to it. Check out Texas Star Dinner Theatre for a location near you.
13. Roller/Ice skating. Apparently there are quite a few around the DFW area. In Fort Worth check out Rollerworld for rollerskating and in Dallas there’s always the Galleria Mall for ice skating. Please comment if you know any other great places!
14. Cooking class. I’m a foodie and I adore cooking. Central Market offers cooking classes, so check their schedule and find one you love.
15. Local Bookstores. Sadly in Fort Worth there aren’t very many (if you know of any small, independent bookstores PLEASE let me know)!! I prefer small bookstores that have random, sometimes amazing books. It’s one of the many things I miss about living in Manhattan. Browsing books and magazines is so much more enjoyable when you’re not chasing a small child around.
Between part 1 and part 2 you have 30 ideas for what to do on date night, hopefully some of these ideas are new ones that you may not have thought about. What else do you love to do on date night that I missed? And what are some of your favorite places?? Happy Dating!