I’ve done a ton of dieting in my life so of course I went on the South Beach diet back in the day. One of my favorite South Beach Diet was always the “South Beach Mashed Potatoes”. Who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? This version is even better though because it’s just cauliflower but gives you the same hearty feeling of mashed potatoes and is great to pair with a steak, roasted chicken or even to with a poached egg on top but then I could eat a poached egg on almost anything.
So here is my version of an old favorite.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tbsp. kerrygold butter, or any other high quality butter
- salt to taste
- paprika to sprinkle on top
- Cut up the cauliflower and boil until soft (not too soft that it’s falling apart)
- Drain the cauliflower and put it all into a food processor
- add all the other ingredients and pulse until desired consistency. The longer you pulse it the smoother it gets, you can add a tiny bit of water to make it a little bit smoother
- sprinkle some paprika or black pepper on top