The Perfect Roasted Chicken
There is no smell more delicious than that of a roasting chicken. This recipe is very simple to put together and pairs nicely with a light summer salad or with some root vegetables in the winter.
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 2 tbsp. grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper together in a small bowl
- Coat the chicken with the grass fed butter, make sure to get some under the skin as well.
- Thinly slice half of the lemon and put the slices under the skin, cut the other half of the lemon into quarters and put it in the cavity.
- Rub in the mixture all over and season the cavity liberally with salt and pepper.
- Use a roasting pan or baking sheet and roast for about an hour, exact time will depend on the size of the chicken. Once it’s fully cooked turn on the broiler for about 5 minutes to get a crispy skin.
I love serving this with roasted root vegetables or baked sweet potato fries and lots of sautéed greens!