My Favortie Broccoli Salad
This is by far one of my favorite hearty salad recipes and it’s perfect for warmer weather since it’s served chilled. If you make it a few hours ahead of time make sure to toss the avocado seed into the bowl too, it will help keep the avocados from browning!
- Wash, cut and lightly steam the broccoli. Steam it just long enough to become slightly tender.
- Cut the de-seeded tomato into cubes and the carrots into circles while the broccoli is steaming.
- Rinse the steamed broccoli under cold water to make sure it stops cooking.
- Toss the broccoli, carrots, tomato and red onion in a large bowl with a dash of salt and the juice of half a lime.
- Cut the avocado into cubes, add to the salad and very gently toss the salad while adding the juice from the rest of the lime.
- Add just a sprinkle of salt on top
If you’re preparing this a few hours in advance I recommend storing the salad in the fridge and waiting as long as possible to cut and add the avocado.