7 Ways to Control Blood Pressure Naturally
Having high blood pressure can not only be scary but it can also be dangerous – especially during pregnancy. If you have high blood pressure or are want to take some extra steps to avoid it here are some tips to help you keep your blood pressure in check.
- Avoid processed foods. If you’re suffering from high blood pressure and on medication then it’s really worth eliminating all processed foods from your life. If you don’t think you can live without them – I assure you, you can. If your diet is filled with them try eliminating one thing at a time until you gradually have gotten rid of all of them.
- Get rid of table salt and switch to a high quality Celtic sea salt or Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- A diet that is low in carbohydrates can help reduce blood pressure and eliminating wheat is especially helpful. It is thought that this is because of a link between insulin levels and blood pressure – so lowering your blood sugar and insulin levels through a lower carbohydrate diet should have a direct impact on blood pressure.
- Supplement with Omega-3 fatty acids. How much really depends on your age, weight, and what your diet looks like.
- Supplement with Magnesium. Studies have shown that magnesium can be more effective than medication at lowering blood pressure. Read more here
- Regular exercise that raises heart rate is another key component to reducing blood pressure. Think going for a speed walk or even weight training that raises your heart rate. Going for a leisurely stroll around the block is better than nothing but won’t do much to lower blood pressure.
- Learn to relax. Studies have shown that doing some sort of meditation or relaxation can also have an impact on blood pressure. Try meditation, yoga, being in nature – whatever helps you feel relaxed.