10 reasons I love vinegar
Distilled white vinegar is one of my favorite things to buy in bulk and have on hand. There are so many great things to do with it, from cooking to cleaning. And it’s cheap, always a nice plus. Here are some of my favorite things to use it for, surely you’ll find a way to use it that you didn’t know about and I’ll bet that it’s a cheaper alternative than what you used to use. Before you dismiss it because vinegar is stinky here’s a thought: the smell completely disappears once it dries, so you can scratch that excuse off your list.
1.Tenderize meat with white distilled vinegar. Use it in marinades or when slow cooking any tough, inexpensive cuts of meat.
2. Convince ants to move by spraying the areas they’re visiting with vinegar. Spray it anywhere you see ants coming in or congregating.
3. Wipe down counters in the kitchen after cooking or in your bathroom to make them sparkle again. DO NOT use on marble counter tops though since it will probably ruin them.
4. Clean your refrigerator. Soak paper towels with white vinegar to deep clean your fridge and get rid of any lingering odors. Even clean the dust and grime that can collect at the top of the fridge that’s hard to reach for not too tall people like me.
5. Clean plastic Tupperware. Use a damp cloth to clean stained Tupperware or funky smelling Tupperware that has had food sitting in it too long. Clean lunchboxes the same way!
6. Make air freshener to kill bathroom odor. Mix 1 tbsp. white, distilled vinegar, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 cup of water in a spray bottle. Keep it in your bathroom instead of lighting a match!
7. Stop the itch of insect bites by dabbing them with a white vinegar soaked cotton ball.
8. Clean up cuts and scrapes. White, distilled vinegar acts as an antiseptic and can help keep cuts from getting infected.
9. Marinate onions. Try marinating onions in white vinegar and a little salt before sauteing them. They taste so good you’ll want to put them on everything!
10. Make your own cleaners. From kitchen and bathroom sprays to tile cleaners, white, distilled vinegar is great for any type of cleaning! Make your own cleaners here!
I know there are a ton of other uses, share your favorites!!